Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Funday?

Yesterday was great, today was also great, but in a much different way. It was great in a rainy Monday kind of way. Now, to the food!

Breakfast: Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal from the office (not something I normally do, because I'd rather have peanut butter in my oatmeal)
Snack numero uno: A serving of almonds
Lunch: Spinach, pasta sauce, two turkey meatballs, and a half of a scooped out wheat bagel with butter (something I normally do)
Snack numero dos: trail mix from the office
Snack numero tres: an apple

No photos for the above.

I went to spinning, which was techno-filled. The instructor didn't turn on the fan, so every time he came around, I tried to catch his eye and twirled my finger around while pointing at the fan. This never worked, although I'm sure the 20-or-so people on the other side of the room got some amusement out of it.

I was starving when I got home, so...
Dinner: Leftover roasted butternut squash soup (recipe below) w/ some roasted cauliflower and Thai chili sauce



French bread with salsa jack cheese slices & salad with multigrain pita chips



There is probably a Dove Dark Chocolate square in my future. And in YOUR future, there is a Dogfish Head Pangea review sometime later this week!

Roasted Butternut Squash & Pear Soup: 
3 lbs butternut squash (peeled, 1-inch chunks)
1.5 lbs Bartlett pears (peeled, 1-inch chunks)
1 onion (1-inch chunks)
Olive oil (to coat and roast the above)
4 cups of vegetable broth
Salt & Pepper to taste

Heat the oven to 400 degrees and roast the squash, pears, and onions (which have been tossed in olive oil) for 45 - 50 minutes or until soft. I opened the oven and mixed them around once or twice. Transfer them to a pot or a blender (in bathes if necessary). Using a food processor, blender, or immersion blender, puree with the vegetable broth until smooth. Add the salt and pepper. I usually serve it with roasted veggies and some Thai chili sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment